This article is written about one of the most common fatal disease lung cancer. Here you can learn how to identify lung cancer, the symptoms, what reasons lay behind the lung cancer and how to prevent it. So, let’s have a ride to take the primary stage to avoid lung cancer.
What is Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is a fatal disease that is caused by uncontrolled growth of cell in the lung tissues. If you left it untreated, then this growth can spread largely nearby the tissue of other body parts. The primary lung cancers are known as carcinomas that deduct from the epithelial cells. There are two main types of cancer: the small-cell lung carcinoma (SCLC) and the non-small-cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC).
The Signs and symptoms of Lung Cancer:
The common symptoms of the lung cancer are poor appetite, fever, fatigue and weight loss, but not all of them are specific. In most cases, before receiving the symptoms the cancer has already spread beyond the original places. The affected tissues of lung cancer can spread over the opposite lung, brain, kidney, pericardium, adrenal glands and bone. There are about 10% of people who do not have symptoms when they diagnose for lung cancer. Though there is no any specific symptoms of lung cancer, but the common symptoms that you may notice:
- Some symptoms that are related to respiratory are: coughing (sometimes with blood), shortness of breath or wheezing.
- Some systemic symptoms are: fatigue, clubbing of the fingernails, fever and weight loss.
- Some symptoms for local compress are chest pain, difficulty swallowing, superior vena cava obstruction and bone pain.
The causes or reasons behind the Lung Cancer:
The main reason of the cancer is genetic damage to DNA. This damages effects on the normal function of body cell like: cell proliferation, DNA repair and apoptosis. When the damages increased rapidly then the risk of cancer increase. The main causes of lung cancer are:
- Smoking: It is the main culprit of lung cancer. A survey shows that, in the year of 2000, 90% of lung cancer death happened due to smoking. Smoking is the 80 -90% responsible for lung cancer. Just one cigarette contains about 60 types of carcinogens which causes lung cancer.
- Passive Smoking: Passive smoking means inhale smoke from another’s smoking. It is more dangerous than the direct smoke. Every year about 3,400 people died due to lung cancer caused by passive smoking.
- Radon Gas: It is the second major cause of it. Radon is an odorless and colorless gas that is generated for the breakdown radioactive radium.
- Asbestos: It is something that can make different kinds of lung diseases along with the lung cancer. Both the asbestos and the tobacco smoking have interactive effects on the cancer formation. Asbestos is also the reason of some other cancer like pleura or mesothelioma.
- Air pollution: Outdoor air pollution is 1-2% responsible for the lung cancer. The particulates that are exhausted from the traffic fumes are one of the reasons of lung cancer.
- Genetics: It is considered that, about 8-10% of lung cancer is for the inherited factors. If your any relative is affected by lung cancer, remember your risk will be increased 2-4 times.
How to Prevent Lung Cancer?
As the treatment of the lung cancer is costly manner, sometimes it also proves as ineffective. That’s why you should try to prevent it, rather than suffering this fatal disease. The industries and other factories that release carcinogens should be banned. Avoid smoking, as it is the main culprit of lung cancer. Don’t take a cigarette and don’t allow anyone to smoke beside you. The supplement that contains vitamin A, C, D and E is not much effective. The effective solution is to maintain diets with lots of fruits and vegetable.