Most of the people really love cookies. Many cookies out there are full of calories and fat, which is not healthy. But if you need to eat healthy cookies. Healthy cookies help to keep your health fit. While many of the cookies in stores are filled with ingredients which will definitely increase to your waistline. Try to make your own cookies . If you learn to use healthier ingredients means that you can enjoy having cookies on a regular basis. If you know the right ingredients and add the right ingredients to your cookie then it can help provide important nutrients to your diet. Most healthy cookie recipes can be altered a bit with some substitutions which will allow you to enjoy cookies without sabotaging a healthy diet.
Ways to make your cookies healthier
1. Try to use wheat flour in your recipe. Because it results in better tasting, less dense baked goods and healthy.
2. Most cookies which we eat are really sweet. It is not healthy. You should try to experiment with decreasing the sugar (again by up to 25%) in most recipes without noticing a big difference but you may need to add a little more liquid like milk which prevent your cookies from being dry. Besides you can also use a less refined sugar like -Rapadura, Sucanat, or evaporated cane juice which makes your cookies healthy.
3. Always try to use a little less butter so that you can make healthy cookies. You can also use peanut butter, applesauce, mashed bananas other fruit puree which you like instead of butter. This will create, a softer more cake like cookie than those made with 100 percent butter.
4. Again, you should use applesauce or a combination of 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water for each egg in your easy healthy cookie recipe.
5. To increase the nutritional value of your cookies, try to use chopped high quality dark chocolate instead of chocolate chips. Beside you can add a handful or two of chopped nuts and dried fruit. Spices like as cinnamon is better for you too.
6. The oil which is used in cookies is supposed to shorten gluten strands so the baked goods turn out soft. Try to use good healthy oil for making your healthy cookies. You can use canola oil, which is healthier than some other oils. Besides sunflower, safflower, and grapeseed oils are all healthy options which contain a lot of polyunsaturated fat. Applesauce may be a good substitute for oil or shortening. You should avoid Three oils when substituting in baked goods are peanut, sesame, and olive oil. These oils have strong flavors and will probably not taste very good in cookies.
Healthy cookies can be part of a healthy balanced diet. If you are looking for a healthy cookie recipe, you can find many options. The main things is that try to avoid the use of butter, milk, eggs or sugar. You should follow above guideline for making healthy cookies. Besides you can experiment with your recipe for making it healthier.