Foods can help us to gain weight. But many of us don’t know that they can also help us to lose weight. There are some foods that boost metabolism. Increasing of metabolism is a sign of losing weight. Here we describe 22 foods which boost metabolism and it’s very helpful to those who want to cut off their extra weight.
Brief Discussion about metabolism
Metabolism is the process of the chemical reaction that occurs in a living body. Simply you can say that metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories. Very few people are blessed with a fast metabolism. But scientists have found some foods which can boost metabolism of a person.
Some people have a fast metabolism and this may be genetic. So, in spite of their eating habits, they manage to be slim and don’t put up weight a lot. There are also some people who eat less than many but put up weight very fast. Because their metabolism is slow. So they avoid eating much. But that’s not the solution. After reading this article you can eat more food but gain less weight.
Foods that helps to boost metabolism
Today we will know about some foods which help to boost your metabolism. By increasing your metabolism these foods also help you to keep fit and have a slim body. This is very important for those who are toiling a lot of pain in order to lose weight by dieting or exercising.
1. Water: This is the best option for increasing your metabolism. Studies have confirmed that drinking two cups of water increase the metabolism of a person by 30% for 30 to 40 minutes. The effect is small , but this is the easiest way.
2. Green Tea: Green tea increases your metabolism. Green tea has flavinoids, antioxidants and thermogenic properties which promote fat oxidation. The caffeine found in green tea accelerates the heart and speeds up metabolism.
3. Apples: Eating an apple every day can keep you away from metabolic syndrome, which decreases your rate of metabolism.
4. Low-fat Yogurt: Yogurts have live bacteria in it which helps to process food efficiently. Eating yogurt can help burn fat faster.
5. Grapefruit: Grapefruit can help you to burn fat and reduce calories fast. This citrus fruit reduce insulin levels after eating a meal. Lower insulin levels after meals to help your body to process food quickly. That means you can burn more calories and store less fat.
6. Broccoli: Broccoli contains two essential nutrients which can increase your metabolism if they team up. They are Calcium and Vitamin C. Calcium activates metabolism and Vitamin C help to absorb more Calcium. So, Broccoli is a full package.
7. Garlic: Garlic supports blood sugar metabolism and control lipid levels. So adding garlic in your food can be helpful for you to cut off some of your extra weight.
8. Oatmeal: If you want to have a jump start of your metabolism, you can start your day with a bowl of oatmeal. This food is rich in fat soluble fiber and requires a lot of calories to break down. This can also reduce the risk of heart disease.
9. Lean Proteins: Protein found in lean meats takes more calories to break down. S by eating them body burns more calories than they take. They also help to lose fat, not muscle.
10. Leafy Greens: Leafy greens like kale, romaine lettuce, spinach can burn more fats than broccoli. So you should try them first.
11. Celery: This food takes more calories to eat and digest than they contain. So these can help one to increase their metabolism.
12. Olive Oil: Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat. It can help the body in burning calories. Exchanging other fats with olive oil can help one to increase their metabolism.
13. Hot Peppers: Spices like chili, cayenne can speed up one’s metabolism. Studies have shown that a pinch of hot pepper can boost metabolism by up to 25 percent for hours after eating it.
14. Avocado: Avocado also has monounsaturated fats that help to increase the metabolism rate.
15. Brown Rice: Brown rice is a great metabolism boosting food. Switching to brown rice instead of your every day white rice can boost up your metabolism.
16. Almonds: Almonds have a huge effect on metabolism and insulin levels. Almonds are jam-packed with fatty acids which are great metabolism boosters.
17. Dark chocolate: Many people avoid chocolates during their diet periods. But researches have shown that dark chocolates can actually help to increase your metabolism. They help the body to reduce stress hormone cortisol, which are responsible for promoting the body to store fat.
18. Vinegar: Vinegar helps to break down fat. So drinking 1or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar may help you to boost up your metabolism.
19. Ginger: Ginger decrease appetite and help in digestion. These two things are very important for increasing the metabolism.
20. Beans: Beans are excellent lean proteins. They help to lower the insulin levels and promote the body to store less fat than usual.
21. Salmon and Tuna: These are helpful for cutting off the leptin level of the body. Hormone leptin slower the process of metabolism.
22. Protein shake: A whey protein shake can also help you to boost up your metabolism. It is full of amino acids which is needed to burn calories.
Metabolic Cooking Fat Loss Cookbook – 250 Fat Torching Recipes To Banish Your Boring Diet And Burn Fat Faster! Click here
Increasing of metabolism can help you to eat more but gain less weight than usual. This can be the ultimate solution to your dieting hassles. Now-a-days, obesity is a common problem for people of all the parts of the world. Obese people have to go through many painful exercises and diet routines in order to get a fit body. But If they can find the right foods to boost their metabolism , their problems can be solved.
Many people are blessed with a fast metabolism genetically. But those who don’t have it need not to worry. Because they can gain it by eating foods that can boost up their metabolism and the best part of this process is, it doesn’t have any side effects like other dieting or exercising process.