Back pain is a pain which is felt back in our body originates such as muscles, nerves, bones joints as many other structures in the spine. It is a sudden pain or can be chronic pain. Sometimes this pain is constant or intermittent which is stay in one place or spreading to the other areas. Back pain symptoms are generally tingling, weakness or numbness. It is extremely common around the world. About four in five people are affected by this back pain some point in their lifetime. Back pain can be at any age but its most occur at the age of 35 to 65. The Research said that nine out of ten adults are experiencing their back pain at some point in their life as well as five out of ten working adults have this pain almost every year.
Depends upon the pain in originates: neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain or tailbone pain.
Depends upon its duration: acute (which is up to 12 weeks), chronic (which is more than 12 weeks) and sub acute (which is the second half of the acute period in 6 to12 weeks)
Depends upon its cause: nonspecific back pain and specific back pain. Approximately 98% of back pain patients are suffering with non specific pain and another 2% are secondary back pain which is caused by an underlying condition accounts.
Symptoms of back pain:
There are many symptoms of this pain. These are given below:
- A fever (with high temperature)
- Unexpected weight loss
- A misshapen area of spine
- Weakness in one or both legs or all over in buttocks
- Constant pain especially at night
- Pin in more than one place on the spine.
Causes of back pain:
For most people who have back pain there is no specific problem or condition that can be considered as a cause. There are some factors which are given below:
- Standing, sitting or walking down for a long period of time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling loads which are too heavy or going to take this in the wrong way
- Poor posture
- Being obese
- A serious accident or injury
Diagnosis of back pain:
The process of diagnosis of back pain relief is given below:
- An X-ray
- Blood tests
- An MRI scan
Treatment of back pain relief:
There is some process of treatment to relieve back pain relief. These processes are discussed below:
Self-help for back pain relief:
- Stay active and continue daily activities so that discipline is maintained. Bed rest is the best process to make pain relief worse.
- Apply heat to the affected area so that it can help to give short-term back pain relief in some symptoms. Specially designed heat packs are found from most pharmacies.
Nonsurgical treatment for back pain relief:
Nonsurgical treatment for back pain relief is the most prefect process. It competes with activity modification, pain relief medication as well as anti-inflammatory drugs. It also has muscle relaxants, physical therapy as well as some spinal injections. Nonsurgical decompression, chiropractic or medication may also be able to be helpful in some other cases to back pain relief.